Find Something

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Wickedly Amazing: The Fault In Our Stars - John Green

The Fault in Our StarsThe Fault In Our Stars by John Green 
Date Released: January 10, 2012
Publisher: Dutton Books 

Pages: 316 Pages
Format: Hardcover
Source: Barnes and Noble
Rating: Amazing/Loved
Series: Standalone

Goodreads Synopsis: Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.  

From Goodreads



John Green is nothing short of brilliant.


The Fault In Our Stars was one of the most refreshing, absorbing, and hands down pure awesomeness! With all the books I read in 2013, TFIOS makes it to the top of the list! Perfect characters, witty and humorous dialogue, and indescribable. Anyone will fall in love with John Green after reading this! With TFIOS being my first John Green book, I'm happy to say it won't be my last.

Hazel, a young and upcoming character of age is diagnosed with a tumor that is shrinking, she finds something out of the ordinary, Augustus Waters. Hazel was such a perfect narrator for TFIOS, she was real and raw and I loved her guts! Augustus is someone Hazel wants to experience, he's wild and full of revelations Hazel never knew she can undercover in her life. Augustus was perfect for complementing Hazel! There was a real sense of connection between them and I loved it when they said sarcastic remarks towards each other! I loved Hazel and Gus a lot and I honestly wished the book was longer just so we can see more of them. John Green trailed her characters perfectly and you'll fall in love with each one since the first page :)

TFIOS hits every note in a great contemporary novel. I was expecting something sad and depressing, my TFIOS was tenderhearted and warming. Even when John Green surprises readers towards the end, I felt so real and I honestly cried. *sobs* It's probably the first contemporary that made me sob right next to Thirteen Reasons Why, and with the water works made me love it even better! Hazel's story is real and came alive on every page. 

The Fault In Ours Stars will make you 
cry, 

laugh, 


and bawl. 


There's just no other way to say how amazing this book is and John Green is full of brilliant for writing this!! Pick this book up now no matter what. Go out and grab it!

Find The Fault In Our Stars On:

4 comments:

  1. I adored this book. It took me ages to get round to reading it after I bought it, and when I finally did I wanted to smack myself for waiting so long!

    I'm glad you liked it.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, this is one of my absolute fav books! John Green is brilliant!!

    Andy
    @ Escape To New Worlds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won a copy of this a couple months ago and still haven't gotten around to it! I'm definitely going to pick it up soon, but it makes me hesitant because everyone says it makes them cry, and I hate sad books because they make ME cry! I also haven't read anything by John Green before, even though my best friends are avid Nerdfighters and readers of his books and shove them at me every chance they can get XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has been on my TBR for the longest, but I feel like I have to really be in the mood for a good cry before I tacklet it. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Template by In Between Design Studio