Find Something

Thursday, March 21, 2013

A Secret Society: Legacy of The Clockwork Key - Kristin Bailey


Legacy of the Clockwork Key (The Secret Order, #1)Legacy of The Clockwork Key by Kristin Bailey
Date Released: March 5th 2013
Publisher: Simon Pulse

Pages: 403 Pages
Format: ARC for Review
Source: Simon Pulse
Rating: LOVED
Series: (The Secret Order #1)

Goodreads Synopsis:  A teen girl unravels the mysteries of a secret society and their most dangerous invention in this adventure-swept romance set in Victorian London.When a fire consumes Meg’s home, killing her parents and destroying both her fortune and her future, all she has left is the tarnished pocket watch she rescued from the ashes. But this is no ordinary timepiece. The clock turns out to be a mechanical key—a key that only Meg can use—that unlocks a series of deadly secrets and intricate clues that Meg is compelled to follow.

Meg has uncovered evidence of an elite secret society and a dangerous invention that some will stop at nothing to protect—and that Meg alone can destroy. Together with the handsome stable hand she barely knows but hopes she can trust, Meg is swept into a hidden world of deception, betrayal, and revenge. The clockwork key has unlocked her destiny in this captivating start to a trilogy. 

From Goodreads


Let me just say that I finally got my computer running perfectly fine and now I can finally do so much in the blogging world! Now, let me get onto my review :)

Legacy of The Clockwork Key was completely a book that I didn't have much high expectations for in terms of the steam punk/Victorian aspect compared to other popular ones like The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare. But wow..I was blown away in the end and it definitely set me expectations for the next book higher! Legacy of The Clockwork Key was an amazing steam punk with twist and turn with a touch of romance in this Victorian set novel. 

Legacy of The Clockwork Key had a beginning that I wasn't a big fan of. It felt kinda rushed and I maybe a prologue chapter with Meg and the fire could have helped the plot flow much better? And there wasn't much of a spark with Meg in the first few chapters but as it moved it turned into a bigger mystery of Meg, her family, and a secret society in London. The plot was both intriguing, action - packed, and helped a lot with Meg's character. After a few more chapters I grew to love Meg a lot and I could easily relate with her feelings since Kristin Bailey wrote with such simplicity in an intricate setting.
The plot was one of the best part of this book along with some romance!


There are also other aspects of The Legacy of The Clockwork Key I loved. The cool inventions like a Leviathan, the metal plates, and huge metal maze. I wished it could have be more described so it would have been easier to see how it looked. There's also a guy whom Meg starts to have feelings for. When they meet and started going on this journey I was just liked. "Who..is that insta love Kristin Bailey is giving us?" And it kinda felt like it. Meg turned to him and asked for help and then you just fall in love and get whisked in this mystery in London? *Hits head* More plot development could have been done her. It also had a MG feel to it but it was just probably me :)

Over all, Kristin Bailey weaves a beautiful debut steam punk novel that takes you to the even enchanting world of London and you'll love all the mystery in this! I'm a big sucker for mysteries and if you do you'll love this especially the romance and action! Pick this up now! I loved it!

image
Yup :)

Find Legacy of The Clockwork Key On:
Amazon | Barnes and Noble | Goodreads

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by In Between Design Studio