Find Something

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (#85) - A Step Toward Falling - Cammie McGovern


Waiting on Wednesday is Hosted by Jill @ Breaking The Spine

A Step Toward Falling

Goodreads Summary: Cammie McGovern follows up her breakout young adult debut, Say What You Will, with this powerful and unforgettable novel about learning from your mistakes, and learning to forgive. Told in alternating points of view, A Step Toward Falling is a poignant, hopeful, and altogether stunning work that will appeal to fans of Jennifer Nevin, Robyn Schneider, and Jandy Nelson.

Emily has always been the kind of girl who tries to do the right thing—until one night when she does the worst thing possible. She sees Belinda, a classmate with developmental disabilities, being attacked. Inexplicably, she does nothing at all.

Belinda, however, manages to save herself. When their high school finds out what happened, Emily and Lucas, a football player who was also there that night, are required to perform community service at a center for disabled people. Soon, Lucas and Emily begin to feel like maybe they're starting to make a real difference. Like they would be able to do the right thing if they could do that night all over again. But can they do anything that will actually help the one person they hurt the most?
Why I'm Waiting For It: I greatly enjoyed McGovern's Say What You Will and everything about that book was just eye - openning and fresh, so of course I CANNOT wait for this one! I like the cover a lot - the colors are amazing and I love the stepping stone-esque feel hence the novel's title. I like the plot of the novel and I want to see how McGovern weaves in Emily, Belinda, and Lucas's situation in the novel. The novel is so close, yet so far from being released, it is definitely going to be a great novel to read during the fall/winter months!

Be sure to check out my review of McGovern's Say What You Will HERE

A Step Toward Falling hits shelves September 23, 2015 from HarperTeen!

Find A Step Toward Falling On:
Amazon | Barnes and Noble | Goodreads 

7 comments:

  1. This sounds really heartfelt. I'm going to have to add it to the list!

    My WoW! Nikki @LazyBookLovers

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definitely at the top of my must read list! I agree, it'll be a great Fall read! Great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one does sound really good! I've been loving contemporaries lately.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still haven't read Say What You Will. I hope you enjoy this one, Patrick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to this one as well. We can compare notes!
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  6. Disney Heroes: Battle Mode Hack - Unlimited Diamonds and Gold for you device iOS and Android.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Template by In Between Design Studio