Find Something

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (#56) - The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

 

Waiting on Wednesday is Hosted by Jill @ Breaking The Spine
 
 
The Geography of You and Me
Goodreads: Lucy and Owen meet somewhere between the tenth and eleventh floors of a New York City apartment building, on an elevator rendered useless by a citywide blackout. After they're rescued, they spend a single night together, wandering the darkened streets and marveling at the rare appearance of stars above Manhattan. But once the power is restored, so is reality. Lucy soon moves to Edinburgh with her parents, while Owen heads out west with his father.

Lucy and Owen's relationship plays out across the globe as they stay in touch through postcards, occasional e-mails, and -- finally -- a reunion in the city where they first met.

A carefully charted map of a long-distance relationship, Jennifer E. Smith's new novel shows that the center of the world isn't necessarily a place. It can be a person, too.

Why I'm Waiting on It: Jennifer E. Smith rocks out the YA contemporary genre! And this one just sounds amazing really a black out and two people get close? How great is that? It also reminds me of Gayle Forman's Just One Day so I'm definitely interested to pick up both and this one will definitely deliver.
 
The Geography of You and Me will hit shelves on April 15, 2014
 
 

5 comments:

  1. I've seen this book going around so much :) I've only read one book by the author, but I really enjoyed it! Thanks for stopping by My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Jennifer's first book but I was kind of disappointed with This is What Happy Looks Like, so I'm hoping that it's at least better than that. I didn't pick up on how similar it sounds to JOD but I think that you're right, but at the same time I feel like that a trait of all Jennifer's books.

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer knows contemporary well. I hope you'll get to read this before release date!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is on my list as well. I have to catch up with the other book in the series first though. Thanks for sharing. :)

    My WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-wednesday-collector/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely want to read this one! It sounds sweet.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Template by In Between Design Studio