Find Something

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Book Review+Interview: Across the Universe by Beth Revis

Author Interview: Beth Revis

Question 1: What inspired you to write Across the Universe?

Answer 1:I was really inspired by the twist at the end. I had this idea for the
solution of a mystery, and I wanted to write a story around that.

I was also inspired by the books I'd read--in particular, MOUSETRAP by
Agatha Christie. I loved that she trapped her characters in one location,
and I wanted to do that, too--although instead of a snow-bound inn, I chose
to put my characters on a space ship!



Q2: Since I'm sort of a writer, what advice and you give me?


A1:I actually did a whole post about that here:
http://bethrevis.blogspot.com/2011/06/my-best-advice-for-teen-writers.html

I would also add that I'm a true believer in serendipity. If you truly want
to be a writer, you will find it within yourself to make that happen.



Q3: Which character(s) resemble you in Across the Universe?

IA3: think I resemble Elder a little bit, in his desire to please others and
prove himself. But I also resemble Amy in how she misses her parents and
wishes they could swoop in and solve all her problems.



Q4: What are some of the things you can tell us about your next novel,A Million Suns,
A4:I can only say this: at least two things you think are true in ACROSS THE
UNIVERSE are actually lies.


Q5: And last, what is your favorite book of all time?
 
Q6:The Chronicles of Narnia!

                  
Thanks Beth Revis!! :)
Across the Universe by Beth Revis
Rating: 5/5
Hardcover, 398 pages
Published January 11th 2011 by Razorbill
Sypnosis:Seventeen-year-old Amy joins her parents as frozen cargo aboard the vast spaceship Godspeed and expects to awaken on a new planet, three hundred years in the future. Never could she have known that her frozen slumber would come to an end fifty years too soon and that she would be thrust into the brave new world of a spaceship that lives by its own rules.

Amy quickly realizes that her awakening was no mere computer malfunction. Someone - one of the few thousand inhabitants of the spaceship - tried to kill her. And if Amy doesn't do something soon, her parents will be next.

Now, Amy must race to unlock Godspeed's hidden secrets. But out of her list of murder suspects, there's only one who matters: Elder, the future leader of the ship and the love she could never have seen coming
First Thoughts.......
A sci-fi read? Definetly not my type of book. But I was to desperate to read something at the library. And the cover and short sentence in the front cover was interesting and not my usual read!
The Cover & Title.......
Cover.......Stunning!! and Colorful is all I have to say. For me Title, Across the Universe, you already know it will be a great book. I really like the mixture of the purple,pink,and shinningness plus when you flip the book jacket you get this cool blue print of the ship.
Nicely Done! :)
The Book and My Review.....
The book was a big surprise and a very in-dept read. It's sci-fi, and I don't usually read those types, but this one blew away my expectations! I like how it was carefully thought out to make a really great dysoptian,sci-fi book.
    Amy was really confused when she woke,but then Elder came to help her and I thought it was a pretty good start to a series starter and a love cliff hanger! This book helped me realize when your in a new world and your different it make you left feeling like some dangerous virus that will affect the place but there's alway someone there that knows what you feel. And that a perfect fit for Elder and Amy to share a special relationship.

My review: Amy is cyrogenically frozen in a large case. So is here parents, as part of the Project Ark Ship. It's been almost 500 years when Amy case is open. She doesn't know who did it but she feels alone and an outcast on the GodSpeed. Then she meets Elder, the future leader of the ship, who gives her comfort and a feeling if beloning to the ship. But Amy and Elder notice strange, mysterious killings of opening cases they have to find who doing before it causes Amy to lose her parents. They discover that there's more lies fueling the ship and its up to them to unravel the mystery of the ship.
Recommendations......
A sci-fi geek reader or anyone who loves dysoptian books(like me!). Just read how amazing this book is!!

Upcomming: A Million Suns and Book 3

1 comments:

  1. New follower stopping by! I love your blog :) Hope to see you round later...

    Lauren, from
    http://anovellastale.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Template by In Between Design Studio