Find Something

Monday, August 13, 2012

On The Run: The Awakening - Kelley Armstrong

The Awakening (Darkest Powers, #2)The Awakening by Kelley Armstrong
Date Released: April 28, 2012
Publisher: Harpercollins
Pages: 360
Date Read: August 8, 2012
Format: Paperback
Source: Bought
Goodreads Synopsis:  If you had met me a few weeks ago, you probably would have described me as an average teenage girl — someone normal. Now my life has changed forever and I’m as far away from normal as it gets. I’m a living science experiment — not only can I see ghosts, but I was genetically altered by a sinister organization call the Edison Group. What does that mean? For starters. I'm a teenage necromancer whose powers are out of control: I raise the dead without even trying. Trust me, that is not a power you want to have. Ever.

Now I’m running for my life with three of my supernatural friends - a chaming sorcerer, a cynical werewolf, and a disgruntled witch - and we have to find someone who can help us before the Edison Group finds us first. Or die trying.



My Review:
Tagline: "You don't have to be alive to be awakened. In The Awakening the action is more intense and the stakes run higher than ever"

There Might by Some Spoliers!! So don't read this review if you haven't read The Summoning!

Where do I even begin with this review? 0.0

I finally got the book and finished it in 2 whole days and I'm am BLOWN AWAY by Kelley Armstong's writing, action, suspense, and her whole cast of characters! :) Despite some of its slow parts, The Awakening was a jumble of heartache and action it made up for it and I am hooked for the final book! :D


The Awakening picks up after Chloe and Rae are turned in by Aunt Lauren now under the care of The Edison Group. Simon and Derek are hiding till Chloe finds a way to contact them. Right now, Chloe doesn't know who to trust espcially the Edison Group who genetically altered Chloe and everyone eles at Lyle House. Dr.Davidoff entices Chloe with what the Edison Group is really about but she doesn't believe it. Rae also betrays her! She was the one who told that they were leaving from Lyle House. I felt sad for her but at the same time wanted her to be in the story for some firey scenes! O_O :D

The only way Chloe finds Simon and Derek is by joining the Edison Group to give Simon the insulin he need before he dies. But mostly the book was about Chloe getting ready for her final showdown with her an her friends I wanted a little bit more to add more complexity.

 I loved Chloe! She was kick-ass with all the ghost she summons, like Liz and Brady, a former experiment. Even Tori, a evil witch grew on me as the story went on. Derek also had a side that I never saw before and everyone was an amazing cast! I really liked all of them and I can't wait for the last book, to see all their powers come alive! :)

Kelley Armstrong manages to keep the pace steady, the action intense, and the romance heating. The stakes are definetly high for the next book, which I can't wait for and The Awakening had me at a great sequel! Definetly picking up all her YA books! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by In Between Design Studio