Find Something

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (#54) - The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski



Waiting on Wednesday is Hosted by Jill @ Breaking The Spine
 
 
The Winner's Curse (Winner's Trilogy #1)

Goodreads Summary: Winning what you want may cost you everything you love

As a general’s daughter in a vast empire that revels in war and enslaves those it conquers, seventeen-year-old Kestrel has two choices: she can join the military or get married. But Kestrel has other intentions.

One day, she is startled to find a kindred spirit in a young slave up for auction. Arin’s eyes seem to defy everything and everyone. Following her instinct, Kestrel buys him—with unexpected consequences. It’s not long before she has to hide her growing love for Arin.

But he, too, has a secret, and Kestrel quickly learns that the price she paid for a fellow human is much higher than she ever could have imagined.

Set in a richly imagined new world, The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski is a story of deadly games where everything is at stake, and the gamble is whether you will keep your head or lose your heart.

Why I'm Waiting For It: I LOVE Marie Rutkoski ever since her amazing Cabinet of Wonder's series which I grew up on! And seeing her brank out into YA and more serious novel I WANT THIS! The plot line sounds wickedly amazing and the cover is too die for! Ahh! She is one of my favorite authors and I cannot wait to get my hands on this!

It's So Beautiful
Cannot express this enough!

The Winner's Curse is hitting shelves on March 4, 2014!

Find The Winner's Curse On:
Amazon | Barnes and Noble | Goodreads
 

6 comments:

  1. I need this book so very bad! Thank god it's just a few more weeks! It's awesome to hear what a huge fan of the author you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dying to read this one as well. I've seen this book floating around in the blogosphere and I want to stab everyone who has it already. Whoops. Did I say that out loud? Kidding...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm waiting on this one as well and the wait is almost over yay! Happy Reading :-)
    Here's my WoW pick this week
    http://moniquesmobooks.blogspot.ca/2014/02/waiting-on-wednesday-dangerous.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely curious about this one Patrick and I've been seeing it going around so much lately :) Great pick and thanks for stopping by My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book is amazing! Hope you get to read it soon!
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited for this one too! Great pick!
    New follower :)
    ­Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Template by In Between Design Studio