Find Something

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Shatter Me-Tarereh Mafi

Date Released:November 15th, 2011
Publisher:Harper/HarperCollins
Pages: 388 pages
Date Read: November 22, 2011
Format: Hardcover Source: Bought from Barnes and Noble
Goodreads Sypnosis


Juliette hasn't touched anyone in exactly 264 days.

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal. As long as she doesn't hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don't fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war-- and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she's exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.

In this electrifying debut, Tahereh Mafi presents a world as riveting as The Hunger Games and a superhero story as thrilling as The X-Men. Full of pulse-pounding romance, intoxicating villainy, and high-stakes choices, Shatter Me is a fresh and original dystopian novel—with a paranormal twist—that will leave readers anxiously awaiting its sequel.

My Review:
Shatter Me was a additive, stunning, sexy, dysoptian debut that will leave you breathless after page one! It was riveting, gripping, and absolutely mesmerising! Tahereh Mafi weaves a book so good, you want to savor every sentence, word and page one hooked me!

Did you see that cover??? So flipping amazing! And the trailer????!!! Once I saw it I immediately bought it the day it came and I normally don't do that but this book...I NEEEDED IT!!!

The writing? Do I need to say anything? Its AMAZING. It flows so well and I experience a whole new sensation reading this book! It was flawless and beautifully written, Tahereh Mafi is only 23. Unbelievable right??? Everything pieces in and its hard to believe its her debut novel!. Seriously go out and buy this book. Right now.



Juliette hasn't touch another human being in exactly 264 days. She's looked up in an asylum where the Reestablishment treats her like a monster, with a curse, and they tell her locking her up was the best thing. Juliette is a strong, tough, I-have-plans-of-my-on type of heroine. She plans to escape and flee to a world she wouldn't have for once be judged.
She's counting the days, hours, second in small notebook hidden in a crevice of her cell.

    Then the unexpected happens. [Yep the romance.] Adam Kent. ADAM. ADAM. He was the perfect guy for Juliette. I can't remember the times I was reading this and swooning over the scorching romance scenes. It was beautiful. It was like cookies and milk when you eat them it melts with perfection, that's how the romance is. I can't believe how easily I loved Adam and Juliette....PERFECT!!!!!!!!! :D Adam was a tought, swoony, heart-pounding guy. There was something about him that maded all YA romance novel guy not the same at all.

Warner. Warner was convincing and intrigiung each time he spoke and him personally. He can really twist your mind and make you think of yourself as a lethal weapon, like he did for Juliette. I actually liked him. Odd right? Well, he really jumped between the lines of a romantic, supper evil villan.
 Juliette stood up to him. She was a total bad ass, with the power to take down people with a slight touch of her hands. Don't tell me that's not total kick-ass power! Think of her clawing through four walls of concrete and glass. Imaginative! Best Dysoptian ever. Period.

I can't stop thinking or shwoing off this book! It was PERFECTION. Perfect. Perfect. I can't stop saying how awesome this book is! I'm actually reading it for the second time beacuse I can't get enough of it and me praising alll about it! This book was delicious throiughtout, crispy in the edges, and a slice of stunning perfection! I cannott stop looking at that cover!

Here's the must-see trailler:


I'm dying of excitement!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by In Between Design Studio